|Job Category:||Financial, Legal & HR|
|Job Title:||Accounts Receivable Administrator|
|Job Salary:||23-25K PA + Excellent Benefits|
Objective of the Role
• Sales Ledger, Credit Control and month end reporting ensuring that invoices are raised and cash is received within credit terms.
• UK Sales Ledger accounts including account set up, obtaining signed direct debit mandates, credit control, resolving queries, raising manual invoices and credit notes where necessary and allocating payments received.
• UK Service business invoicing for specific clients and lines of business.
• UK & AWP P&C cash allocation.
Thirty-five hours per week. However, due to the nature of this role hours may vary in line with the needs of the business.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all sales invoices are raised on a regular and timely basis, ensuring that prices are kept up to date and new products set up in Agresso.
• Liaise with Sales team to maintain Sales Register which should form the basis of all regular invoicing.
• Maintenance of customer accounts in Agresso, ensuring SAP compliance.
• Responsible for Credit Control of all customer accounts. Sending out statements and chasing by telephone, email or letter to ensure we are receiving payment within our credit terms and that aged debt levels remain within agreed parameters. Regular communication with Sales and Management where problem accounts exist.
• Preparation and posting of monthly Sales Accruals.
• Preparation of Debtor report and bad debt provision for review with the Accounts Receivable manager.
• Opening any new customer accounts ensuring the link between PEWEI & Agresso is set up correctly.
• After each monthly invoice posting check that the direct mail invoices have been coded correctly and nothing has posted to the error account. If not liaise with the management accountant to move them to the correct codes.
• Raise manual invoices for Audit debits and ad hoc policies.
• Prepare monthly direct debit payment files so that Accounts Payable can process.
• Save the direct debit payment file to excel and create the upload file to post payments into SAP.
• Perform auto clearing process each month and manually match all other payments not picked up in this process to ensure ledgers are kept tidy and up to date.
• Create manual payment files for Audit and manually raised invoices.
• Review monthly debtor report and work on collection of any outstanding debt that is not current.
• Maintain a workbook detailing actions for the month with a diary date system for follow up.
• Contact clients not paying by direct debit to obtain payment by cheque and pursue them for a signed mandate.
• Ensure any failed payments are posted back onto the correct sales ledger accounts.
• Work with General Ledger Accountant to identify rejected direct debits in Accounts Payable Suspense account reconciliation.
• Liaise with clients where there has been a rejected direct debit to ensure the issue is resolved and payment of the account is bought up to date.
• Update any communication in the drafts of the customer master file in Agresso.
• Answer incoming calls and assist with queries, copy invoices and general enquiries.
• Liaise with internal departments to ensure a smooth running of the ledgers.
• Document all procedures and keep up to date.
• Responsible for the set-up of any new contracts – work with Accounts Payable to ensure that all necessary administration is completed before start date. Communicate completion or any issues to the business unit and team leaders.
UK Service business invoicing and cash allocation
• Update Accident Exchange statement each month, and perform rebate reconciliation. Raise purchase orders once corresponding invoices are received.
• Answer incoming calls and assist with queries, copy invoices and general enquires.
• To assist with any other additional duties or relevant ad-hoc projects as required by the Accounts Receivable Manger /AR Senior Administrator/ Head of Accounting and Finance Director.
• Keep an up to date list of outstanding actions that need to be resolved in order to perform the functions as described above.
• Ad hoc filing and archiving.
• Assist the Accounts Receivable team with credit control and any other duties as required.
• Document all procedures for the role and keep these up to date.
• Professional manner and appearance in line with working within a corporate environment
• Mathematics and English GCSE or equivalent
• At least 2+ years direct experience in accounts receivable or general accounting role
• A good understanding of accounting systems & principles
• High level system skills including Excel
• Ability to work with non-finance managers
• Excellent organisation and ability to maintain focus on multitude of tasks
• Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable to changing situations