|Job Title:||Council Tax Team Leader|
|Job Salary:||26K PA|
A Team Leader vacancy has arisen within the Council Tax Billing and Collection Team based in Bromley.
The successful applicant will have direct management of a team members who administer Council Tax collections
• Council Tax account processing & monitoring
• Data entry
• General correspondence & letter writing
• Applying Discounts & Exemptions
• Dealing with customers over the telephone
• Court attendance
• Debtor tracing
• Liaising with Housing Benefits
• Supporting the contact centre when required
In addition to the above, the role will require you to, but not exclusively;
• Ensure arrears collection targets and key performance indicators are met.
• Distribute the work for the team
• Ensure the system is updated accurately to reflect the attendance of the team and raise any concerns regarding performance
• Deal with escalations from managers; client and call centre referrals as and when received
• Respond to Complaints
• Attend court on a regular basis as a presenting officer which includes going into the court room and representing the Council in order to obtain Liability Orders for all Summons issued that month in respect of non-payment of Council Tax.
• To prepare and attend Tribunal hearings
• Attend monthly meetings with the client to review service delivery and performance.
• Ensure all return to work interviews and sickness absence management are kept up to date
• Undertake team reviews and 1-to-1’s.
• Ensure quality checking of work is undertaken and reported to the client
• Cover the other team, in the absence of the Team Leader
• Manage a sub-team who are responsible for preparing cases for Charging Orders, monitoring, dealing with the top 100 debtors, locating cases for committal and any other arrears work
Suitable candidates will have solid experience working within Council Tax and Housing Benefit along with supervisory experience.
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.