|Job Category:||Financial, Legal & HR|
|Job Title:||HR Generalist|
|Job Salary:||38-40K PA + 1K Bonus|
Objective of the Role
To deliver a professional, business advisory service to various areas of the business. To provide clear, accurate HR advice and solutions on the management of employee relations issues
To build and develop relationships with managers and employees at all levels to provide support and guidance on a range of HR matters and share best practice throughout the business.
Thirty-five hours per week. However, due to the nature of this role hours may vary in line with the needs of the business.
•To proactively engage in all Employee Relations issues, ensuring that fair and cost effective solutions are provided at all times to aid the achievement of personal and business objectives.
•To assist with advising Managers on appropriate strategies for managing employee issues in connection with any departmental change, business growth and restructuring exercises.
•Work with the line managers to develop and monitor appropriate employee relations performance indicators, standards and HR working plans.
•To assist in the management and in the interpretation of employment legislation to ensure harmonious working practices.
•To provide HR support including advice and attendance at meetings with managers and employees relating to employment issues including disciplinaries and grievances as and when required and in line with Company policies and procedures.
•To provide the appropriate information to support employees as and when required.
•Manage or assist with relevant ad-hoc projects as required by your Manager.
Sickness Absence and Occupational Health Management
•To ensure managers are taking steps for effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in according with Company policies and to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work of employees.
•To effectively manage and monitor occupational health and all sickness absence processes and activity supporting both the manager and the employee throughout.
•To assist in the management of employee development throughout the Company.
•To work with the HR Team and managers to maintain ongoing training and development to ensure consistency of performance and the development of skills and knowledge to meet our business needs.
HR Policies and Procedures
•To contribute to policy and procedure development, monitoring and reviewing, taking into account regulatory requirements and the latest legislation and best practice guidelines.
•Ensure all employment activities are in accordance with appropriate equal opportunities legislation.
•Wherever possible continue to develop the awareness of managers and staff in relation to equal opportunities.
•Complete all appropriate administration.
•Provide activity reports to your Manager on a monthly basis.
•To deliver workshops on a range of subjects covered by Human Resources.
•To carry out any other additional duties as requested by your Manager from time to time within the scope of your role.
•To ensure systems and procedures are in place for all activity and fall within the guidelines of the relevant legislation.
•To investigate and respond to relevant issues highlighted by any employee.
•To assess and review standards and implement corrective actions where required.
•As appropriate, monitor relevant expenditure and where necessary, review practices to ensure costs are controlled and that HR activity contributes to the overall profitability of the Company.
Evidence of experience within the following areas
• Part CIPD Qualified
• Strong knowledge and conversant with current employment legislation
• Proven evidence of HR generalist experience within a commercial environment
• Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage various workloads whilst working to strict timesscales
• A good working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Experience of using HR systems
• Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues.
• Experience of advising and dealing with senior management.
• Demonstrable experience in Employee Relations, working within a fast moving environment.
• Self motivated with a meticulous confident approach to work duties
• Ability to undertake UK travel including overnight stays (limited and on an ad hoc basis)
• Fully CIPD qualified
• Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent
• Experience of working within a similar commercial entity or Call Centre environment.