|Job Category:||Retail, Industrial & Catering|
|Job Title:||Retail Supervisor|
|Job Location:||Tunbridge Wells|
|Job Salary:||£9.25 per hour|
This is great opportunity to join a friendly, customer focused business as part of their management team!
• Responsible for the day to day smooth running of the store and ensuring all staff fully co-operate to ensure the store is efficient and effective.
• Follow the daily store procedures and ensure other staff members do the same in an effective and efficient way.
• Gain a thorough understanding and knowledge of the full range of products and services in store in order to be able deal with customers to the highest standard
• Motivate & coach the team to deliver individual and store targets, including average transaction value and add on sales
• Performance management of staff – lateness, absence, poor work rate, poor service
• Stock management including promotions and on-shelf availability
• Ensure correct pricing of products and stock rotation including the removal from sale of any goods exceeding the use by date and inventory checking in compliance with company procedures.
• Provide highest possible standard of customer service and dealing with customers
• Work with the management team to guarantee staff availability on the shop floor through coordinating your team's rotas and attendance and to achieve consistently high standards
• Strong understanding of stock control ie ordering goods, dealing with suppliers and deliveries and banking monies and ability to follow company procedures
• Ensure the maintenance of high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety throughout the store.
• Bringing ideas and suggestions to the management team to find proactive ways to increase sales and store efficiency, as well as recommending new lines and products
• Social marketing, visual merchandising and promoting the store within the community
• Assisting with set up and promoting events and product promotions
• Setting sales targets with your team, up-selling & cross promotion to contribute to the profit of your shop
About you - skills
• You will be experienced within a customer focused environment and have held a similar senior role.
• You must be a hands-on supervisor and used to working at pace in a fast moving, changing environment.
• Organised & practically minded, be able to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
• Experienced in cashing up and opening or closing a retail outlet and lone trading.
• A passion for customer service and product means you lead by example to set the bar for your team.
• Excellent staff supervision and experience at motivating and leading a team
• Reliable, flexible and consistent
• Good computer skills
30 to 35 hours per week and shifts will be at core opening hours. Weekend and bank holiday will be required on regular rotation. It is essential that the successful candidate is flexible to work within these hours